It happens to all of us. It’s time to make dinner, or think about dinner, or shop for dinner (once again), and you just don’t know what to make. If you’re cooking seven, or five, or even three nights a week, it can get pretty monotonous, and sometimes that monotony freezes your creativity. Here’s how each of us deals with the monotony of having to cook, often, as well as how some of our friends tackle it as well. We hope these ideas will help inspire you to keep up the good fight, and cook fresh food as often as you can!
- Go to the store, and be inspired by what is fresh in the produce aisle. When you need some inspiration from nature, always start with your vegetables.
- What is a dish you love that you haven’t you made in a long time? Think about the foods you enjoy and when you’ve made them last. If it’s been a while, it’s time to do it again.
- Think about what’s been on the dinner table this week, and balance it with tonight’s meal.
- Open the refrigerator and cook everything that’s there. Because you probably have enough to make a whole meal (or more) and you really don’t need to go to the store today, do you?
- Find a recipe here on our blog, and start with that, because our goal is to help you cook an easy, fresh and colorful meal once a day. Every day. Come and cook with us!
Check out these recipes on our blog for more inspiration: